Thursday, July 22, 2010

Must Read e-book - To the Ends of the Earth: The Last Journey of Lewis & Clark

I wanted to share a great e-book I read several months ago.

I am a huge Lewis and Clark fan and had enjoyed reading about their grand adventure in Stephen Ambrose's 'Undaunted Courage: Meriwether Lewis, Thomas Jefferson, and the Opening of the American West'. I was looking for other books on Lewis and Clark when I stumbled upon Frances Hunter's 'To the Ends of the Earth: The Last Journey of Lewis & Clark'. The book merges history and fiction to help fill in the blanks of what happen to Lewis and Clark once they returned home from their 2 year adventure across the uncharted United States. The book is a great read and moves along at a quick pace. The characters are fully fleshed out and we get a new insight into what happened to Lewis and Clark in their later years. If you enjoy reading historical fiction this is a must read.

The e-book is available on Amazon (see link below),  and Apple's iBook store for 4.99. I found the e-book for 3.89 on the Borders e-book store. Also discovered it on the Barnes and Noble site for .99 cents! As much as I am price sensitive in regards to e-books and love a deal the .99 cent price is just to inexpensive for this book. The book is well worth the 4.99 on Amazon or the iBook store.


No comments:

Post a Comment