Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Welcome to My New Blog

I know. Why another blog about e-books? Well first off I wanted a place where I could expose some of the current shocking publishers ebook pricing (thank you ‘Agency Model’). Second I wanted a place to share my love of e-books, or rather the experience of reading and having e-books with me wherever I go.

It has been about 2 years since I got my first Kindle and since then I haven’t purchased one ‘real’ book. Now I need to say that I am a HUGE book lover. HUGE! But after using the Kindle, my iPhone, and iPad to read e-books I have discovered what I really love is READING. The book has a long tradition, but really, when you think about it, the book is just a method of giving a reader the experience of reading words an author has given to a reader to read. So, no matter how a reader gets the authors words should be an acceptable medium. Well acceptable as long as the authors words haven’t been changed.

I urge the readers of this blog to help me rat out the current schizophrenic marketing practices many of major publishers are forcing upon us consumers of e-books. So...lets get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment