Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Did A Naked Hamilton God Grant Me An $8.99 E-book Bargain?

Did I find an e-book bargain? I think I did. Last night I was searching around in the Apple iBooks store and ran across Peter Hamilton’s ‘The Night’s Dawn Trilogy’, which includes ‘The Reality Dysfunction’, ‘The Neutronium Alchemist’, and ‘The Naked God’. The price for all 3 books in one e-book? Are you sitting down? $8.99!!!!! The price for each book alone in e-book format is $9.99!!! OUCH!

At first I didn’t believe my good fortune but I downloaded the e-book and gave it a quick scan through and sure enough all 3 books are indeed within this one trilogy edition! A quick check of Barnes and Noble and Amazon and neither have this fantastic deal listed. However Borders e-book store does have it for the same price as the Apple iBooks store!

I know nothing about this trilogy except many of my hardcore science fiction friends were shocked that I hadn’t read the books yet! Looks like I have a lot of reading ahead of me but at least I a got a bargain! See publishers, if you price things reasonably, you can make customers happy and sell e-books!

No comments:

Post a Comment