Friday, April 29, 2011

Penguin Vs. 'The Bugs'

The other day I was surfing around the web site eReaderiQ.com and under the recently Kindized section I found Robert Heinlein's "Starship Troopers" being offered at $9.99 US dollars. My first thought was REALLY 10 bucks for an almost 52 year old book! Pricing like this really has me questioning publishers pricing policies on older e-books. Then I looked to see who the publisher is for this latest outrageous offering and I should have known - Penguin Publishing strikes again!

It almost seems that Penguin Publishing purposely prices their e-books high to force a reader to go elsewhere. I can't remember the last time I even bothered purchasing any e-book from Penguin Publishing. In fact now I won't even purchase ANY book from Penguin Publishing.

Publishers need to realize there are hundreds of thousand if not millions of books to pick from to read and if a book isn't priced right or is priced outrageously, I, as a consumer, can easily just move on to something else, which is what I do whenever I now see something published by Penguin.

Now for anyone who hasn't read Heinlein's 'Starship Troopers' try and find an old paperback edition or run to your library and give it a read. It is indeed a classic and highly recommended! It is a lot better then movie!! I would have loved to have given it another read on my iPad or Kindle but at the current e-book pricing I will sadly pass. The Penguin strikes again!




No comments:

Post a Comment